I see a voracious reader in our future.
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Tonight's Reading
Erik loves having stories read to him. it doesn't always look like it the way he wiggles around when you read out loud. But ask him a comprehension question, and he's right there with the story line. For some reason a month ago, I picked up the book, Henry Huggins, by Beverly Cleary and Erik was immediately drawn in to the story. This quickly followed with the second book, Henry and Ribsy. When Erik hears about salmon, he immediately reminds me that Henry Huggins went salmon fishing and caught a 30 pound salmon in the story with his dog. Do you remember mom, do you? Erik does. He asked if there were any more books to the series and I told him the three more titles that I knew. The one called Henry and Beezus stuck in his mind. And finally yesterday, when his kindergarten class was in the school library to check out little reading books, Erik went up to Mrs Cooper and asked if he could check out a book from the big kid section because he liked Henry Huggins books by Beverly Cleary. And sure enough, Erik brought home Henry and Beezus for us to read together. Erik one page, me one page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment