I took Morgan to church at 7a.m. this morning so she could play in the church orchestra for two services. I went home and considered getting dressed and going back for the second service. But my sister called me to wish me a happy birthday and Annika decided to make chocolate chip pancakes and that was it for getting back to the 9 am service. I enjoyed my pancakes, reorganized my cookbook cupboard and went back for Morgan at 10:30.
We all went outside to work on the back yard right after breakfast. We put away things and switched the winter green house cover to the summer green house cover. It took all of us. I like how Woody hands the power tools to the girls to get them doing some of the details rather than do it himself and just ask for help with holding things. They really get to learn by doing.
The kale garden is over flowing. I knew I needed to get some kale frozen for summer so I finally started cultivating it and flash freezing batches to bag up for soups and smoothies.
Our afternoon included buying tacos at Del Taco and stopping at Sams Club for milk, bread, strawberries, apples and mangos. We considered buying an outdoor rug to go under our table and chairs outside, but they didn't have the design we most liked.
We went back out side to rake leaves and put into bags and trim the plants. I went inside to start making dinner. I got a nice call from my brother at 6 and we talked for a little bit. Dinner was organic tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches with kale, chia seed, banana, carrot juice, and fruit smoothie. All four kiddos loved it and it got the fruit veggie daily intake back to the positive.
The day ended watching ""How to Train Your Dragon 2". It was fun to watch and curl up with my kiddos.
I call that an awesome birthday.


No comments:
Post a Comment