Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl 49 (Cause I don't want to figure out the Roman Numerals)

We just finished the Super Bowl and I can almost breathe a sigh of relief.  I really didn't care who won or whatever.  I just wanted some normalcy back after a month of big events in the Phoenix area.  Don't get me wrong, I love the economic impact all the visitors brought.  I'm just happy it's almost over - they all still need to get to Sky Harbor and get on their planes in the next few days.

As with past Super Bowls, it was not really a big affair at our house.  I could have cut out cute little football garland pieces or gathered matching straws and pom poms with coordinated color desserts.  In the end, we tossed some meatballs in the crock pot, cut up some strawberries and apples, added cheese and turkey pepperoni and some chips.  Done.  A feast for the Chungs.  And we watched.  Well, Morgan, Annika and I did.  The others sat down for our halftime feast and then went back to playing or running wires in our future theater room.

I loved the Sunday "football" meals my mom made.  Popcorn, cheese, meat, crackers and fruits and veggies were the best.  Plus anything else we had on hand.  All brought down to the family room to munch on.

Great memories.  Another great memory would be remembering the Vikings in a Super Bowl ever.  Nope, I don't have that memory.






No comments: